Houston area suspect named one of Texas’ Most Wanted
Texas Department of Public Safety
September 9, 2010, 2:28pm 1,950 views Post a comment
A Harris County man wanted for murder is the latest addition to the DPS Texas Ten Most Wanted Fugitive list.
Javier Cortez Jr., 30, was put on the list at the request of the Houston Police Department. The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has issued an arrest warrant accusing Cortez of shooting a man in the leg, abdomen and head on April 8, 2010. He has a violent criminal history and is a Houston Tango Blast gang affiliate. He should be considered armed and dangerous. (Here is the link to his DPS bulletin:
His last known address was in Pasadena, and he was last seen driving a 1996 Chevrolet Impala with Texas license plate 210 YDL.
Texas Crime Stoppers offers rewards up to $5,000 to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the 10 Most Wanted Fugitives. Anyone with information can provide anonymous tips in three different ways:
· Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
· Text the letters DPS--followed by your tip--to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
· Submit a tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and under their picture is a link to submit a web tip.
Here is a list of the remaining Top 10 Fugitives:
· Richard Zuniga, DOB 10-24-79, last known address: San Elizario-El Paso County. Wanted for capital murder in El Paso in 2009 and has been a fugitive since then. His criminal history includes aggravated assault with a gun and drug possession. He is a known gang affiliate.
· Jose H. Morales, DOB 2-2-63, last known address: San Antonio. Wanted for failure to register as a sex offender. His criminal history includes sexual assault, possession of marijuana, assault, burglary and unlawfully carrying a weapon. He is a known gang affiliate.
· Robert Barrera Jr., DOB 9-26-82, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation.
· George Felix Deleon, DOB 11-16-69, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for parole violation. Deleon’s criminal history includes convictions for arson, aggravated assault and homicide.
· Gwen Komahcheet, DOB 9-17-50, last known address: Spring. Wanted for aggravated rape with a deadly weapon and failure to register as a sex offender.
· Gaspar E. Loya III, DOB 6-20-74, last known address: Weslaco. Wanted for indecency with a child, burglary, failure to register as a sex offender, escape and unlawful flight.
· Rene Morales Munoz, DOB 12-19-67, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
· Leeroy Suarez, DOB 6-2-83, last known address: New Braunfels. Wanted for homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful flight.
For more information on specific fugitives or the crimes they are accused of, please contact the local police agency in the area where the fugitive was last seen.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives to be featured on the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted list. You can find the current list--with photos--on the DPS website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/ . The list is updated as needed.
Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post comments:
Other Breaking News
|Dump truck, van collide on S.H. 123 (November 25, 2014)
Elmendorf selects new police chief (November 25, 2014)
Alcohol possible factor in crash that killed... (November 24, 2014)
DPS Urges Texans to Practice Safe Driving... (November 24, 2014)
Rainfall report: Nov. 18-24 (November 24, 2014)
Poth wins state volleyball championship (November 22, 2014)
Cornyn Responds to President Obama Ending... (November 21, 2014)
Anti-Defamation League welcomes Obama's immigration... (November 20, 2014)
Texas AG Pledges Court Challenge to Obama's... (November 20, 2014)
Sen. Cornyn: President’s Power Grab Poisons... (November 19, 2014)
Reminder: Reward Increased to $10,000 for... (November 18, 2014)
Grove to let Floresville voters answer eligibility... (November 13, 2014)
Judge Carlos Cascos To Be Secretary Of State Nominee (November 11, 2014)
Unofficial rainfall report for Nov. 3-8 (November 10, 2014)
General Election, Nov. 4, 2014 - unofficial totals (November 4, 2014)
Reward Increased to $10,000 for Most Wanted Fugitive (November 3, 2014)
Wilson County, surrounding area under flash-flood... (November 3, 2014)