Houston area suspect named one of Texas’ Most Wanted
Texas Department of Public SafetySeptember 9, 2010, 2:28pm 2,167 views Post a comment
A Harris County man wanted for murder is the latest addition to the DPS Texas Ten Most Wanted Fugitive list.
Javier Cortez Jr., 30, was put on the list at the request of the Houston Police Department. The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has issued an arrest warrant accusing Cortez of shooting a man in the leg, abdomen and head on April 8, 2010. He has a violent criminal history and is a Houston Tango Blast gang affiliate. He should be considered armed and dangerous. (Here is the link to his DPS bulletin:
His last known address was in Pasadena, and he was last seen driving a 1996 Chevrolet Impala with Texas license plate 210 YDL.
Texas Crime Stoppers offers rewards up to $5,000 to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the 10 Most Wanted Fugitives. Anyone with information can provide anonymous tips in three different ways:
· Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
· Text the letters DPS--followed by your tip--to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
· Submit a tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and under their picture is a link to submit a web tip.
Here is a list of the remaining Top 10 Fugitives:
· Richard Zuniga, DOB 10-24-79, last known address: San Elizario-El Paso County. Wanted for capital murder in El Paso in 2009 and has been a fugitive since then. His criminal history includes aggravated assault with a gun and drug possession. He is a known gang affiliate.
· Jose H. Morales, DOB 2-2-63, last known address: San Antonio. Wanted for failure to register as a sex offender. His criminal history includes sexual assault, possession of marijuana, assault, burglary and unlawfully carrying a weapon. He is a known gang affiliate.
· Robert Barrera Jr., DOB 9-26-82, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation.
· George Felix Deleon, DOB 11-16-69, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for parole violation. Deleon’s criminal history includes convictions for arson, aggravated assault and homicide.
· Gwen Komahcheet, DOB 9-17-50, last known address: Spring. Wanted for aggravated rape with a deadly weapon and failure to register as a sex offender.
· Gaspar E. Loya III, DOB 6-20-74, last known address: Weslaco. Wanted for indecency with a child, burglary, failure to register as a sex offender, escape and unlawful flight.
· Rene Morales Munoz, DOB 12-19-67, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
· Leeroy Suarez, DOB 6-2-83, last known address: New Braunfels. Wanted for homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful flight.
For more information on specific fugitives or the crimes they are accused of, please contact the local police agency in the area where the fugitive was last seen.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives to be featured on the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted list. You can find the current list--with photos--on the DPS website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/ . The list is updated as needed.
Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Breaking News Archives
Chaplin leaving Falls City ISD (November 25, 2015)
#FloresvilleStrong T-shirts are in (November 16, 2015)
Gov. Abbott To Refuse Syrian Refugees Relocating To Texas (November 16, 2015)
Falls City antique farm equipment demo canceled (November 13, 2015)
Share your favorite Christmas memory (November 13, 2015)
Student organizes community prayer Nov. 8 (November 7, 2015)
La Vernia man dies in overnight crash (November 6, 2015)
Floresville ISD: High school students' return delayed to Nov. 9 (November 4, 2015)
Election Results (November 3, 2015)
UPDATE: Medical examiner IDs driver killed in St. Hedwig crash (November 3, 2015)
Rainfall totals for recent rains (November 2, 2015)
Storm sidelines Wilson County Appraisal District (November 2, 2015)
UPDATE: Floresville High School students to return Nov. 6 (November 1, 2015)