Houston area suspect named one of Texas’ Most Wanted
Texas Department of Public SafetySeptember 9, 2010, 2:28pm 1,998 views Post a comment
A Harris County man wanted for murder is the latest addition to the DPS Texas Ten Most Wanted Fugitive list.
Javier Cortez Jr., 30, was put on the list at the request of the Houston Police Department. The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has issued an arrest warrant accusing Cortez of shooting a man in the leg, abdomen and head on April 8, 2010. He has a violent criminal history and is a Houston Tango Blast gang affiliate. He should be considered armed and dangerous. (Here is the link to his DPS bulletin:
His last known address was in Pasadena, and he was last seen driving a 1996 Chevrolet Impala with Texas license plate 210 YDL.
Texas Crime Stoppers offers rewards up to $5,000 to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the 10 Most Wanted Fugitives. Anyone with information can provide anonymous tips in three different ways:
· Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
· Text the letters DPS--followed by your tip--to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
· Submit a tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and under their picture is a link to submit a web tip.
Here is a list of the remaining Top 10 Fugitives:
· Richard Zuniga, DOB 10-24-79, last known address: San Elizario-El Paso County. Wanted for capital murder in El Paso in 2009 and has been a fugitive since then. His criminal history includes aggravated assault with a gun and drug possession. He is a known gang affiliate.
· Jose H. Morales, DOB 2-2-63, last known address: San Antonio. Wanted for failure to register as a sex offender. His criminal history includes sexual assault, possession of marijuana, assault, burglary and unlawfully carrying a weapon. He is a known gang affiliate.
· Robert Barrera Jr., DOB 9-26-82, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation.
· George Felix Deleon, DOB 11-16-69, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for parole violation. Deleon’s criminal history includes convictions for arson, aggravated assault and homicide.
· Gwen Komahcheet, DOB 9-17-50, last known address: Spring. Wanted for aggravated rape with a deadly weapon and failure to register as a sex offender.
· Gaspar E. Loya III, DOB 6-20-74, last known address: Weslaco. Wanted for indecency with a child, burglary, failure to register as a sex offender, escape and unlawful flight.
· Rene Morales Munoz, DOB 12-19-67, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
· Leeroy Suarez, DOB 6-2-83, last known address: New Braunfels. Wanted for homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful flight.
For more information on specific fugitives or the crimes they are accused of, please contact the local police agency in the area where the fugitive was last seen.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives to be featured on the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted list. You can find the current list--with photos--on the DPS website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/ . The list is updated as needed.
Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Breaking News Archives
TxDOT reopens I-35 north of Georgetown (March 27, 2015)
SAPD searches for robbery suspect (March 26, 2015)
F.M. 3191 closed in Karnes County (March 25, 2015)
No injuries in Floresville bus crash (March 24, 2015)
Flash flood warning for Karnes, southeastern Wilson counties until 8:45 a.m. (March 21, 2015)
Latest from Wilson County Garden Day (March 20, 2015)
Wilson, Atascosa, Bexar, surrounding counties under flash flood watch (March 20, 2015)
Weekend cancellations due to bad weather (March 19, 2015)
Senate passes open carry gun bill (March 17, 2015)
Wilson County Garden Day is March 21 (March 17, 2015)
Joint statements issued on evolving role in Alamo management (March 12, 2015)
Wilson County residents report 'explosion' noise (March 12, 2015)
U.S. 87 closed north of Nixon (March 10, 2015)
Flash flood watch (March 9, 2015)
Officials charge McQueeney man in Guadalupe County shootings (March 9, 2015)
Rainfall report: March 3-9 (March 9, 2015)
DPS Increases Spring Break DWI Enforcement (March 6, 2015)
Search continues for Guadalupe County gunman (March 6, 2015)
UPDATE: Officials release sketch of suspected Guadalupe County gunman (March 5, 2015)
Bexar County officials seek help in identifying human remains (March 4, 2015)
Dump truck overturns south of La Vernia (March 4, 2015)
Texas AG Responds to Administration Request to Stay Executive Amnesty Ruling (March 4, 2015)
Body found in creek near Stockdale (March 3, 2015)
Public’s Help Needed to Find Child Possibly Exposed to Rabies in Austin (March 3, 2015)