Monday, December 22, 2014
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found

Found: Young black male Lab mix in the Cimarron Subdivision, Floresville. 210-237-8777.
If you are missing a pet in Floresville, be sure to check the Floresville holding facility. Animals are only kept for 3 days. Contact Las Lomas K-9 Rescue, 830-581-8041.
Lost: Chocolate Lab, 1 year old, Hwy. 775 and Eagle Creek area, Floresville. We are desperate to find her, please help. Call 210-215-9132.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Hiring electrician helper, no experience needed. Apply in person, Mon.-Fri. from 8:30-4, 14275 IH-10 E., Schertz, TX 78154.
OSC Energy is hiring for the following positions: Sales Rep. with a minimum of 2 years experience, CDL a plus, and clean cut appearance; Mechanic with a minimum of 2 years experience and experience in heavy equipment; and Field Technicians. TOP PAY and BENEFITS. Will do pre-employment background check and random drug testing. Qualified candidates send resume to Teika@oscenergy.com.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
WCN your news your way subscribeWCN essential oilsWCN printing

Breaking News


CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips as cold front nears




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
January 10, 2011, 6:11pm
1,616 views | Post a comment

CPS ENERGY REMINDS CUSTOMERS OF SAFETY TIPS AS COLD FRONT NEARS

Temperatures near or below freezing are expected in the San Antonio area this week as the National Weather Service predicts a cold front will move in tonight. With wind chill values forecasted to be in the teens or below during overnight hours, CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips to reduce risks and prepare for cold weather.

· Never use the stove, electric or gas, as a heater. Gas stoves can present both a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning danger.

· Leave your home immediately, without using any electric or battery-powered items, if you smell something similar to rotten eggs. It could be a natural gas leak. Immediately call 911 and CPS Energy at 353-HELP.

· Install smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors - include sleeping areas. Test and replace batteries periodically.

· Place space heaters at least three (3) feet away from objects such as bedding, furniture, and drapes. Remove flammable liquids and spray cans from the area.

· Never wear loose-fitting clothes near a space heater, use the heater to dry clothes or shoes, or place any items on top of the heater.

· Select a child- and pet-friendly space heater that reduces their risk of getting burned; has a tip switch, which turns off the heater if it’s knocked over; and has an Underwriters Laboratories (UL) seal.

· Do not use any electric device with a power cord that is frayed, broken or exposed and do not place a rug over the cord.

In the event of a power outage:

· Keep a flashlight and a battery-powered radio nearby.

· Report outages to 353-HELP (353-4357) or call toll-free at 1-800 870-1006 in rural areas.

· Turn off all major electrical appliances that were on, including your electrical heating system, until the power is restored.

· Once power is restored, slowly warm up your home and turn on appliances as needed to limit the risks of creating an additional power outage.

· Always have a personal emergency plan if health care needs demand the use of electricity for medical equipment.


For more safety tips, visit http://www.cpsenergy.com .

CPS Energy is the nation’s largest municipally owned natural gas and electric utility, providing service to approximately 707,000 electric customers and 322,000 natural gas customers in and around the City of San Antonio. The utility ranks among the nation’s lowest-cost energy providers while ranking number 1 in wind-energy capacity among municipally owned utilities.
 


Your Opinions and Comments

Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post comments:



Other Breaking News

Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
omaha-steaks-banner-ads

Blue Moon Karaoke & DJTriple R DC ExpertsEast Central Driving SchoolHeavenly Touch homeVoncille Bielefeld homeChester WilsonAllstate & McBride Realty

  Copyright © 2007-2014 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.