Monday, September 26, 2016
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Preview the Paper Preview the Paper

Preview this week's Paper
A limited number of pages are displayed in this preview.
Preview this Week’s Issue ›
Subscribe Today ›

Lost & Found

Lost: Small black dog, answers to Blackie, last seen near Dairy Queen on Hwy. 181 in Floresville. Call 830-542-0192.

VideoFound: Senior Beagle mix, Aug. 20, on Palo Verde in The Estates of Eagle Creek Subdivision, Floresville, help this little one find her home. Call 210-487-8284 or 210-831-1343.
Our beloved Gracie is missing, Dachshund/Lab mix, microchipped, about 30 pounds, black with little white. Call with any information, 830-393-9999 or 419-250-9099.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Carpenter's Helper Will Train,30 to 40 hrs per week. Call John 210-325-5929
Your #1 Advertising Resource! Call 830-216-4519.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
Pursch with auto packageCity Base PlumbingShowcase

Breaking News


CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips as cold front nears




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
January 10, 2011, 6:11pm
1,947 views | Post a comment

CPS ENERGY REMINDS CUSTOMERS OF SAFETY TIPS AS COLD FRONT NEARS

Temperatures near or below freezing are expected in the San Antonio area this week as the National Weather Service predicts a cold front will move in tonight. With wind chill values forecasted to be in the teens or below during overnight hours, CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips to reduce risks and prepare for cold weather.

· Never use the stove, electric or gas, as a heater. Gas stoves can present both a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning danger.

· Leave your home immediately, without using any electric or battery-powered items, if you smell something similar to rotten eggs. It could be a natural gas leak. Immediately call 911 and CPS Energy at 353-HELP.

· Install smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors - include sleeping areas. Test and replace batteries periodically.

· Place space heaters at least three (3) feet away from objects such as bedding, furniture, and drapes. Remove flammable liquids and spray cans from the area.

· Never wear loose-fitting clothes near a space heater, use the heater to dry clothes or shoes, or place any items on top of the heater.

· Select a child- and pet-friendly space heater that reduces their risk of getting burned; has a tip switch, which turns off the heater if it’s knocked over; and has an Underwriters Laboratories (UL) seal.

· Do not use any electric device with a power cord that is frayed, broken or exposed and do not place a rug over the cord.

In the event of a power outage:

· Keep a flashlight and a battery-powered radio nearby.

· Report outages to 353-HELP (353-4357) or call toll-free at 1-800 870-1006 in rural areas.

· Turn off all major electrical appliances that were on, including your electrical heating system, until the power is restored.

· Once power is restored, slowly warm up your home and turn on appliances as needed to limit the risks of creating an additional power outage.

· Always have a personal emergency plan if health care needs demand the use of electricity for medical equipment.


For more safety tips, visit http://www.cpsenergy.com .

CPS Energy is the nation’s largest municipally owned natural gas and electric utility, providing service to approximately 707,000 electric customers and 322,000 natural gas customers in and around the City of San Antonio. The utility ranks among the nation’s lowest-cost energy providers while ranking number 1 in wind-energy capacity among municipally owned utilities.
 

Your Opinions and Comments


Be the first to comment on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives


Southern Electric
Malcolm's Custom Welding
WCN Citizens Forum 5/28/15
Triple R DC ExpertsFriesenhahn Custom WeldingAllstate & McBride RealtyVoncille Bielefeld homeHeavenly Touch home

  Copyright © 2007-2016 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.