Saturday, October 25, 2014
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

Lost & Found

Found: Calico cat, female, white, orange, and black, on CR 352, La Vernia. 210-667-1052.
Lost: Black female Chihuahua named Gloomy and black male Chihuahua named Rico, from CR 126, Floresville, missed dearly by their family! Call 210-428-3803. 

Video Lost: Cat, black and white, last seen the evening of Sept. 29 in the Woodcreek Subdivision area, La Vernia. Reward for his safe return. Call Richard, 830-779-2080 or 210-776-4930.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Bookkeeper position for local fundraising company. Accounts payables/receivables. Process cash receipts. Monthly bank reconciliations, general journal entries and financial reports. Knowledge of Peachtree/Sage 50 preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required as well as GAAP. Apply in person at 1371 FM 1346, La Vernia.
Maverick Grill is hiring waitstaff, kitchen manager, cashier, and line cook. Apply in person at 6671 U.S. Hwy. 181 N., Floresville, between 2-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
WCN printingWCN your news your way subscribeWCN border security forum 10/30/14

Breaking News


CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips as cold front nears




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
January 10, 2011, 6:11pm
1593 views | Post a comment

CPS ENERGY REMINDS CUSTOMERS OF SAFETY TIPS AS COLD FRONT NEARS

Temperatures near or below freezing are expected in the San Antonio area this week as the National Weather Service predicts a cold front will move in tonight. With wind chill values forecasted to be in the teens or below during overnight hours, CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips to reduce risks and prepare for cold weather.

· Never use the stove, electric or gas, as a heater. Gas stoves can present both a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning danger.

· Leave your home immediately, without using any electric or battery-powered items, if you smell something similar to rotten eggs. It could be a natural gas leak. Immediately call 911 and CPS Energy at 353-HELP.

· Install smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors - include sleeping areas. Test and replace batteries periodically.

· Place space heaters at least three (3) feet away from objects such as bedding, furniture, and drapes. Remove flammable liquids and spray cans from the area.

· Never wear loose-fitting clothes near a space heater, use the heater to dry clothes or shoes, or place any items on top of the heater.

· Select a child- and pet-friendly space heater that reduces their risk of getting burned; has a tip switch, which turns off the heater if it’s knocked over; and has an Underwriters Laboratories (UL) seal.

· Do not use any electric device with a power cord that is frayed, broken or exposed and do not place a rug over the cord.

In the event of a power outage:

· Keep a flashlight and a battery-powered radio nearby.

· Report outages to 353-HELP (353-4357) or call toll-free at 1-800 870-1006 in rural areas.

· Turn off all major electrical appliances that were on, including your electrical heating system, until the power is restored.

· Once power is restored, slowly warm up your home and turn on appliances as needed to limit the risks of creating an additional power outage.

· Always have a personal emergency plan if health care needs demand the use of electricity for medical equipment.


For more safety tips, visit http://www.cpsenergy.com .

CPS Energy is the nation’s largest municipally owned natural gas and electric utility, providing service to approximately 707,000 electric customers and 322,000 natural gas customers in and around the City of San Antonio. The utility ranks among the nation’s lowest-cost energy providers while ranking number 1 in wind-energy capacity among municipally owned utilities.
 


Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post comments:



Other Breaking News
Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
omaha-steaks-banner-ads

Triple R DC ExpertsWilson's Auto ChooserBlue Moon Karaoke & DJAllstate & McBride RealtyChester WilsonSacred Heart SchoolDrama KidsHeavenly Touch homeVoncille Bielefeld home

  Copyright © 2007-2014 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.