Saturday, October 10, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search

Lost & Found

Found: Pony. Call to describe, 830-391-0074.
Lost: Chihuahua, black, tan, and white male, "Spy," very small, off F.M. 775, across from the Woodlands on Sept. 26, he is missed dearly. Call 830-391-5055.

VideoLOST KITTY: Nannette Kilbey-Smith's family's 5-month-old little kitten, Jack. Disappeared last night from house on Oak Hill Road. No collar. Text/call 210-823-4518
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

F&W Electrical is now hiring journeyman, backhoe operators, and laborers. Apply at 6880 U.S. Hwy. 181 N., Floresville, Monday-Friday, 8-5. 830-393-0083. EOE.
Office help needed, MUST HAVE QuickBook experience, some experience in bookkeeping, answering calls, filing, organization, and advertising for the company; starting pay $12, hours are 11:30-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, may become full-time. Must have recommendation letter. Only serious applicants willing to grow with the company need apply. Send resume to
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos

Video Vault ›
WCN essential oilsWCN Citizens Forum 5/28/15WCN your news your way subscribe

Breaking News

CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips as cold front nears

E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
January 10, 2011, 6:11pm
1,827 views | Post a comment


Temperatures near or below freezing are expected in the San Antonio area this week as the National Weather Service predicts a cold front will move in tonight. With wind chill values forecasted to be in the teens or below during overnight hours, CPS Energy reminds customers of safety tips to reduce risks and prepare for cold weather.

· Never use the stove, electric or gas, as a heater. Gas stoves can present both a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning danger.

· Leave your home immediately, without using any electric or battery-powered items, if you smell something similar to rotten eggs. It could be a natural gas leak. Immediately call 911 and CPS Energy at 353-HELP.

· Install smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors - include sleeping areas. Test and replace batteries periodically.

· Place space heaters at least three (3) feet away from objects such as bedding, furniture, and drapes. Remove flammable liquids and spray cans from the area.

· Never wear loose-fitting clothes near a space heater, use the heater to dry clothes or shoes, or place any items on top of the heater.

· Select a child- and pet-friendly space heater that reduces their risk of getting burned; has a tip switch, which turns off the heater if it’s knocked over; and has an Underwriters Laboratories (UL) seal.

· Do not use any electric device with a power cord that is frayed, broken or exposed and do not place a rug over the cord.

In the event of a power outage:

· Keep a flashlight and a battery-powered radio nearby.

· Report outages to 353-HELP (353-4357) or call toll-free at 1-800 870-1006 in rural areas.

· Turn off all major electrical appliances that were on, including your electrical heating system, until the power is restored.

· Once power is restored, slowly warm up your home and turn on appliances as needed to limit the risks of creating an additional power outage.

· Always have a personal emergency plan if health care needs demand the use of electricity for medical equipment.

For more safety tips, visit .

CPS Energy is the nation’s largest municipally owned natural gas and electric utility, providing service to approximately 707,000 electric customers and 322,000 natural gas customers in and around the City of San Antonio. The utility ranks among the nation’s lowest-cost energy providers while ranking number 1 in wind-energy capacity among municipally owned utilities.

Your Opinions and Comments

Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives

Malcolm's Custom Welding
Southern Electric
Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Triple R DC ExpertsDrama Kidsauto chooserAllstate & McBride RealtyVoncille Bielefeld homeHeavenly Touch home

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.