Super Sunday Biggest Day in Football; Big Opportunity for Scammers
January 27, 2011 | 1156 views | Post a comment
Football Glory in Dallas Provides Perfect Opportunity for Ticket Scams
Austin, TX - The Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers will compete for a piece of history in less than two weeks during Super Bowl XLV at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX. With tickets at a premium for the nation’s largest and most popular sporting event, BBB warns the potential for ticket scams purchased online or in person could be at an all-time high.
BBB received nearly 1,300 complaints last year from consumers who purchased event tickets from individuals, businesses and third party websites. While most complaints were over refund and exchange issues, several complaints allege paying for tickets and never receiving them. To minimize the risk of losing thousands of dollars, BBB offers the following tips for purchasing Super Bowl tickets:
· Deal with a sports-based ticket company that has a track record with game packages and ticket sales.
· Avoid buying tickets from new online auction sellers or sellers located outside the U.S.
· Be wary of any sellers who say they will have eBay or Craigslist send “verification.”
· Use a credit card or third party escrow company such as PayPal for purchases. They offer additional protection and track the purchase.
· Make sure the website is secure and reputable. Look for the “https” or “lock” symbol in the navigation bar on the Internet browser.
· Read all the fine print to verify ticket delivery dates.
· Do your research at BBB.org to be sure the company is trustworthy.
If you plan on traveling, BBB offers the following tips for purchasing Super Bowl travel packages:
· Confirm whether or not the package has a refund policy before you make any payments.
· Verify the travel package includes guaranteed tickets to the Super Bowl game.
· Get all the details in writing, including final price, cancellation penalties and all other specifics of the package, including the name of the hotel, airline, etc.
· Follow up with the travel promoter a few days before departure to confirm all reservations.
To check the reliability of a company http://www.bbb.org , visit BBB.
About Better Business Bureau:
BBB's mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. BBB accomplishes this mission by creating a community of trustworthy businesses, setting standards for marketplace trust, encouraging and supporting best practices, celebrating marketplace role models and denouncing substandard marketplace behavior.
Businesses that earn BBB Accreditation contractually agree and adhere to the organization's high standards of ethical business behavior. BBB is the preeminent resource to turn to for objective, unbiased information on businesses and charities.
Contact BBB serving Central, Coastal and Southwest Texas at (512) 445-4748.
|Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post comments: