Tuesday, October 6, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search

Lost & Found

Found: Female puppy, F.M. 539 area, La Vernia, must describe to claim. 501-766-7711.
Lost: Men's wallet, Sept. 21 at Wal-Mart fuel center in Floresville, left on side of truck, medical IDs needed. If found call 210-827-9753, no questions asked.

VideoMissing 9/26/15 about 10pm. male chihuahuah black, gray and white, his name is Spy. possible ares he might be off 775 around Vintage Oaks Subdivision and Woodlands area. 830-391-5055.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Warning: While most advertisers are reputable, some are not. Unfortunately the Wilson County News cannot guarantee the products or services of those who buy advertising space in our pages. We urge our readers to use great care, and when in doubt, contact the San Antonio Better Business Bureau, 210-828-9441, BEFORE spending money. If you feel you have been the victim of fraud, contact the Consumer Protection Office of the Attorney General in Austin, 512-463-2070.
Data entry position for Angell Enterprises, full-time positions for very busy office, customer service skills a must, pay based on experience. Serious applicants apply in person at 2301 10th St., Floresville, ask for Hilda.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos

Video Vault ›
WCN essential oilsWCN your news your way subscribeWCN printing

Breaking News

Fire hazard prompts Lasko portable heaters recall

E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
February 9, 2011, 11:13am
2,436 views | Post a comment

Lasko Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due To Fire Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Type of Product: Portable electric heater

Units: About 107,500 units.

Manufacturer: Lasko Products Inc., of West Chester, Pa.

Hazard: An electrical connection in the base of the unit can overheat, causing it to melt and expose the electrical connection, posing a fire hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: Lasko received a total of 36 reports of the electrical connection overheating with no reports of injury. There were 18 reports of minor burn damage to floors or carpets.

Description: The portable, electric, tower heaters are 20.5 inches tall x 8.25 inches wide x 9.25 inches deep. They are dark grey with silver front covers and black vent slats. The brand names Lasko or Air King are on the top, center of the front cover. The Lasko Model 5540 and Air King Model 8540 subject to this recall were manufactured in 2002 and have date codes that begin with a "2." The date code is on the label located on the bottom of the unit. The date code is a four-digit number on the bottom left area of the label, above the voltage number. Heaters with date codes beginning with "3," "4" or "5" are not subject to this recall.

Sold at: The Lasko Model 5540 was sold at Sam's Club and other retailers from September 2002 through early 2004 for $39 to $49. The Air King Model 8540 was sold primarily through the maintenance, repair and operating products supply company, W.W. Grainger Inc. from late 2002 to 2004 for approximately $80.00

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the heaters immediately and contact Lasko to receive a free replacement heater.

Consumer Contact: For additional information and pictures of affected models, visit Lasko's website at www.Laskoproducts.com, or call Lasko anytime, toll-free at (800) 363-8044.

To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including pictures of the recalled product, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11121.html

Your Opinions and Comments

Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives

Malcolm's Custom Welding
Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Southern Electric
Triple R DC ExpertsVoncille Bielefeld homeDrama KidsHeavenly Touch homeAllstate & McBride Realtyauto chooser

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.