Friday, October 9, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search

Lost & Found

*Includes FREE photo online!
Missing: Male Chihuahua, black/gray/white, named Spy, possibly missing from F.M. 775 around Vintage Oaks Subdivision and Woodlands area, Sat., Sept. 26 about 10 p.m. 830-391-5055. 
Lost: Border Collie, black and light brown, 9 months old, wearing a green collar, last seen Sept. 22 near CR 427 in Poth. If found call 210-324-1208.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

*Fair Housing notice. All help wanted advertising in this newspaper is subject to the Fair Housing Act which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference limitation or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention, to make any such preference limitation or discrimination." This newspaper will not knowingly accept any advertising for help wanted ads, which is in violation of the law. Our readers are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised in this newspaper are available on an equal opportunity basis.
ON-CALL CRISIS POOL WORKERS NEEDED. Part-time positions are available for after hours “on-call” crisis workers to respond to mental health crisis for Wilson and Karnes Counties. Duties include crisis interventions, assessments, referrals to stabilization services, and referrals for involuntary treatment services according to the Texas Mental Health Laws. You must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, sociology, social work, nursing, etc. On-call hours are from 5 p.m.-8 a.m. weekdays, weekends and holidays vary. If selected, you must attend required training and must be able to report to designated safe sites within 1 hour of request for assessment. Compensation is at a rate of $200 per week plus $100 per completed and submitted crisis assessment, and mileage. If interested call Camino Real Community Services, 210-357-0359.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos

Video Vault ›
You’ve been granted free access to this subscribers only article.

Agriculture Today

Direct, Counter-cyclical signup nears

E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
May 24, 2011 | 3,445 views | Post a comment

Stephen Svacina, executive director of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency in Wilson County, reminds producers that the deadline to sign up for the 2011 Direct and Counter-cyclical Payment (DCP) program is Wednesday, June 1.

Payments are calculated using base acres and payment yields established for each farm. Eligible producers receive direct payments at rates established by statute regardless of market prices. Advance payments of 22 percent on the 2011 program were available starting Dec. 1, 2010. The remaining 78 percent of the payment will be issued after Oct. 1, 2011.

Producers can fill out a contract at any Farm Service Agency Service Center or online.

For more information, call the Wilson County Farm Service Agency office at 830-393-3411. Information can also be obtained online at .

Your Opinions and Comments

Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Agriculture Today Archives

Coupons ag-right
Voncille Bielefeld homeDrama Kidsauto chooserHeavenly Touch homeTriple R DC ExpertsAllstate & McBride Realty

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.