Tuesday, July 7, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found


VideoFound 2 year old female Basset Hound at the corner of 360 Shorthorn & 204 Longhorn Rd, Stockdale. Contact Paula at 210-827-9583.

VideoLost Dog:She is a 14 yr old female blue healer/corgi mix. Last seen on 4th st near Eagle Wrecker. If seen please call 8172435617
Lost: Calf, red and black tiger striped, white faced, Oak Hill Rd. off U.S. Hwy. 87, La Vernia. Call Carrol, 210-488-3071. 
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

*Fair Housing notice. All help wanted advertising in this newspaper is subject to the Fair Housing Act which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference limitation or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention, to make any such preference limitation or discrimination." This newspaper will not knowingly accept any advertising for help wanted ads, which is in violation of the law. Our readers are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised in this newspaper are available on an equal opportunity basis.
Caregivers needed. Call 830-431-2389. 
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
WCN essential oilsWCN Citizens Forum 5/28/15WCN your news your way subscribe

Breaking News


Gas pipeline explosion causes FM 539 shutdown


Gas pipeline explosion causes FM 539 shutdown
Courtesy KSAT 12 This photo was taken from the Sky 12 helicopter over the site of the explosion.


E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Wilson County News
May 26, 2011, 1:38pm
4,416 views
5 comments

Emergency officials have shut down a stretch of F.M. 539 from C.R. 304 to Sutherland Springs following a gas pipeline explosion near Texana Feeders.

Wilson County Pct. 1 Commissioner Albert Gamez Jr. said at the scene that Wilson County Health and Public Safety Office Coordinator Edwin Baker ordered the 7 to 8-mile-long closure after Texana workers heard two explosions just after 12:30 p.m. Chief Deputy Johnie Deagen of the Wilson County Sheriff's Office warned anyone who detects a natural gas odor to evacuate the area.

The Wilson County News will update this story as additional details become available.
 

Your Opinions and Comments

 
Alvin Charmaine  
May 28, 2011 5:51pm
 
Nat gas isnt always safe

 
Elaine K.  
Floresville  
May 26, 2011 7:18pm
 
Good job reporting, William! Thank you for keeping citizens informed.

 
William J. Gibbs Jr.  
WCN  
May 26, 2011 6:01pm
 
Commercial customers within the city of Stockdale are set to lose natural gas service as of 8 p.m., according to City Manager Banks Akin. This is an attempt to conserve gas for residential customers. If gas service to the city ... More ›

 
William J. Gibbs Jr.  
WCN  
May 26, 2011 5:36pm
 
A CenterPoint spokesman said that no natural gas customers should be impacted by today's incident. Anyone experiencing difficulties should call their customer service line at 800-427-7142. Gas safety tips are available at http://www.cente ... More ›

 
William J. Gibbs Jr.  
WCN  
May 26, 2011 5:19pm
 
We have received information from emergency personnel who were at the scene that the incident occurred on C.R. 305 between F.M. 539 and S.H. 97. F.M. 539 was closed because of a cloud of natural gas that was blowing across the ... More ›

Share your comment or opinion on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives


Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Malcolm's Custom Welding
Southern Electric
Heavenly Touch homeDrama KidsAllstate & McBride RealtyTriple R DC Expertsauto chooserVoncille Bielefeld home

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.