Saturday, May 23, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found


VideoLOST!!! Black and white long haired cat. Missing since May 17th from the Vintage Oaks subdivision. If found please call (210)288-3033

VideoLost: Female Blue Heeler from C.R. 359 on Thursday May 14. Has collar and tag. Please call if found or seen at 210-289-4268

VideoLost: Male miniature black/tan Dachshund and small female shaggy dog, white w/black face, may have their puppy with them, on May 12 in Creekwood Subdivision. Call if found, 210-243-8277.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Angell Enterprises is seeking a full-time Account/Bookkeeper to handle our accounting department, must pass background investigation, QuickBooks experience is a must, start pay is based on work experience. No phone calls, please apply in person and bring a resume with references or mail your resume with references to 2301 Tenth St., Floresville, Texas 78114.
Kitchen help needed, must have at least 5 years experience, salary depending on experience. Apply in person at Sylvia's Mexican Restaurant in Stockdale or call 830-534-3151.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
WCN printingPulse Research exp 6/30/15WCN Citizens Forum 5/28/15

Breaking News


Gas pipeline explosion causes FM 539 shutdown


Gas pipeline explosion causes FM 539 shutdown
Courtesy KSAT 12 This photo was taken from the Sky 12 helicopter over the site of the explosion.


E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Wilson County News
May 26, 2011, 1:38pm
4,360 views
5 comments

Emergency officials have shut down a stretch of F.M. 539 from C.R. 304 to Sutherland Springs following a gas pipeline explosion near Texana Feeders.

Wilson County Pct. 1 Commissioner Albert Gamez Jr. said at the scene that Wilson County Health and Public Safety Office Coordinator Edwin Baker ordered the 7 to 8-mile-long closure after Texana workers heard two explosions just after 12:30 p.m. Chief Deputy Johnie Deagen of the Wilson County Sheriff's Office warned anyone who detects a natural gas odor to evacuate the area.

The Wilson County News will update this story as additional details become available.
 

Your Opinions and Comments

 
Alvin Charmaine  
May 28, 2011 5:51pm
 
Nat gas isnt always safe

 
Elaine K.  
Floresville  
May 26, 2011 7:18pm
 
Good job reporting, William! Thank you for keeping citizens informed.

 
William J. Gibbs Jr.  
WCN  
May 26, 2011 6:01pm
 
Commercial customers within the city of Stockdale are set to lose natural gas service as of 8 p.m., according to City Manager Banks Akin. This is an attempt to conserve gas for residential customers. If gas service to the city ... More ›

 
William J. Gibbs Jr.  
WCN  
May 26, 2011 5:36pm
 
A CenterPoint spokesman said that no natural gas customers should be impacted by today's incident. Anyone experiencing difficulties should call their customer service line at 800-427-7142. Gas safety tips are available at http://www.cente ... More ›

 
William J. Gibbs Jr.  
WCN  
May 26, 2011 5:19pm
 
We have received information from emergency personnel who were at the scene that the incident occurred on C.R. 305 between F.M. 539 and S.H. 97. F.M. 539 was closed because of a cloud of natural gas that was blowing across the ... More ›

Share your comment or opinion on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives


Southern Electric
Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Malcolm's Custom Welding
Pulse Research expires 6/30/15Heavenly Touch homeauto chooserAllstate & McBride RealtyVoncille Bielefeld homeTriple R DC Experts

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.