Tuesday, August 4, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found

Found: Horse by F.M. 2579 and C.R. 126, Floresville. Call 818-416-3372 to describe.
Lost: White Maltese dog, 12 pounds, answers to Brookley, on Sun., July 19, 10 miles north of Floresville on Hwy. 181, $100 reward! Tom and Jean Harris, 830-393-0814. 
Lost: Male Chihuahua, July 4, white with brown spots, walks slow, older dog, last seen walking down F.M. 541, Poth. Call 830-400-9851 if you seen Snowball.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Service Technician Assistant. Job description: Assist technician in propane tank installation, gas piping, shop work and repairs. Paid training, paid uniform, family insurance (medical and dental), paid holidays and vacation. Will need to pass a physical, background check, and drug/alcohol test. Must be willing to obtain a CDL license in the future for backup driver position. Call Kathleen, 830-393-2533, Smith Gas Company.
The Children's Alliance of South Texas is seeking a Financial and Grants Manager to join an amazing team of professionals in the fight against child abuse. The Children’s Alliance of South Texas offers services to child victims and their non-offending family members in a 5 county area; Atascosa, Frio, LaSalle, Karnes, and Wilson counties. The Financial and Grants Manager will be charged with conducting the administration and control of all financial records and operations under the supervision of the Executive Director, and is responsible for day to day oversight of financial reporting, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, grants, payroll capital expenditures, and budgeting. For more information see the job description attached.  Please submit your resume, salary requirements, and references to mbetancourt@castcac.org.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
You’ve been granted free access to this subscribers only article.

Agriculture Today


Warm up safely — tips for checking your heating system




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
December 21, 2011 | 2,715 views | Post a comment

With this fall’s first appearance of cold temperatures, your utility company reminds customers to get their heating systems ready for winter. The utility recommends having a licensed, insured contractor clean and inspect heating systems annually to ensure maximum efficiency and to avoid the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning or fire.

A dirty and faulty heating system can lead to those life-threatening risks. According to the San Antonio Fire Department, faulty heating systems resulted in 70 local incidents of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning during a six-month period from October 2010 through March 2011. Eleven of those cases required Emergency Medical Services transport.

The following safety tips may help keep you and your family safe this winter:

•Follow manufacturer’s instructions with all heating appliances.

•Have heating appliances installed, serviced, and repaired by qualified professionals.

•Keep chimney flues and vents for all heating appliances clean and in good condition.

•Keep areas around furnaces and water heaters clean and free of flammable materials.

•Check the flame on natural gas appliances -- it should be blue. If not, have a service technician check the appliance.

•Always leave a window open 1 to 2 inches in the room where an unvented natural gas space heater is being used.

•Never use the kitchen range as a space heater. This can damage the range and produce carbon monoxide.

•Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.

Install a carbon monoxide detector at eye level on every floor of the structure where it can easily be seen and heard. Change the batteries every six months and follow manufacturer’s recommendations on when to replace the detector.

•Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms mimic the flu, i.e. headaches, nausea, vomiting, and fatigue. If carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected, leave the building and seek medical attention immediately.

For more information, visit the National Fire Protection Association website, www.nfpa.org.
 

Your Opinions and Comments


Be the first to comment on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Agriculture Today Archives


Coupons ag-right
Voncille Bielefeld homeHeavenly Touch homeauto chooserDrama KidsAllstate & McBride RealtyTriple R DC Experts

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.