Saturday, October 10, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search

Lost & Found

Found: Male MinPin?, about 2 years old, not fixed, sweet, very smart, on Sept. 25 inside Floresville Walmart, healthy, no fleas, clean teeth, manicured nails, will keep if owner not found. 830-542-0280.
Found: 2 brindle cows, on Sept. 12, at the end of La Gura Rd. in South Bexar County, located between South Loop 1604 and the San Antonio River, Gillett Rd. on east and Schultz Rd. on the west. Call after 8 p.m., 210-310-9206.

VideoLOST KITTY: Nannette Kilbey-Smith's family's 5-month-old little kitten, Jack. Disappeared last night from house on Oak Hill Road. No collar. Text/call 210-823-4518
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

National Auto Parts company is hiring for counter persons and drivers, 5 years counter experience preferred. Call 512-750-3593.
*Fair Housing notice. All help wanted advertising in this newspaper is subject to the Fair Housing Act which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference limitation or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention, to make any such preference limitation or discrimination." This newspaper will not knowingly accept any advertising for help wanted ads, which is in violation of the law. Our readers are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised in this newspaper are available on an equal opportunity basis.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos

Video Vault ›
You’ve been granted free access to this subscribers only article.

Agriculture Today

Warm up safely — tips for checking your heating system

E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
December 21, 2011 | 2,772 views | Post a comment

With this fall’s first appearance of cold temperatures, your utility company reminds customers to get their heating systems ready for winter. The utility recommends having a licensed, insured contractor clean and inspect heating systems annually to ensure maximum efficiency and to avoid the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning or fire.

A dirty and faulty heating system can lead to those life-threatening risks. According to the San Antonio Fire Department, faulty heating systems resulted in 70 local incidents of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning during a six-month period from October 2010 through March 2011. Eleven of those cases required Emergency Medical Services transport.

The following safety tips may help keep you and your family safe this winter:

•Follow manufacturer’s instructions with all heating appliances.

•Have heating appliances installed, serviced, and repaired by qualified professionals.

•Keep chimney flues and vents for all heating appliances clean and in good condition.

•Keep areas around furnaces and water heaters clean and free of flammable materials.

•Check the flame on natural gas appliances -- it should be blue. If not, have a service technician check the appliance.

•Always leave a window open 1 to 2 inches in the room where an unvented natural gas space heater is being used.

•Never use the kitchen range as a space heater. This can damage the range and produce carbon monoxide.

•Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.

Install a carbon monoxide detector at eye level on every floor of the structure where it can easily be seen and heard. Change the batteries every six months and follow manufacturer’s recommendations on when to replace the detector.

•Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms mimic the flu, i.e. headaches, nausea, vomiting, and fatigue. If carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected, leave the building and seek medical attention immediately.

For more information, visit the National Fire Protection Association website,

Your Opinions and Comments

Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Agriculture Today Archives

Coupons ag-right
Triple R DC ExpertsHeavenly Touch homeDrama KidsVoncille Bielefeld homeauto chooserAllstate & McBride Realty

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.