Thursday, September 3, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found


VideoBoxer mix found with red collar in Floresville. Good with kids and other dogs. Very obedient. If owner doesnt respond in the next week he is free to good home.

VideoLost: Shih Tzu, male, golden brown, from C.R. 320 in Floresville. If you have any information call 210-452-1829 or 832-292-3305.
*Includes FREE photo online! mywcn.com/lostandfound
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Laborer needed, starting pay is $13+ depending on experience, must pass background check and random drug test. 830-579-4487 or email resume to teika@oscenergy.com.
Caregivers needed. Call 830-431-2389. 
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
You’ve been granted free access to this subscribers only article.

Agriculture Today


How to keep pets safe from danger during holidays




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
December 21, 2011 | 2,515 views | Post a comment

Lori Pasternak, a veterinarian with Helping Hands Affordable Veterinary Surgery and Dental Care, reveals hidden dangers to avoid potentially disastrous pet problems. The holidays are supposed to be a time of joy for our families, but in preparing for the season, many pet owners run the risk of exposing their pets to household dangers that could present potential life-threatening hazards.

Here’s a list of prospective risks:

•Decorations -- While holiday decorations can make a home feel more festive, they can be tantalizing traps for pets. Owners should keep decorations and ornaments higher up on trees so they are not consumed by pets. Exposed cords from electric lights can cause electrocution or oral burns if chewed.

•Gift wrap -- When it’s time to pull all the gifts out of hiding to be wrapped, take care that your pet isn’t in the same room as you spread out all the wrapping paper, bows, and ribbons. If a cat should starting gnawing on the ribbon, it will literally “stitch” the cat’s intestines together as it is being passed through the gut.

•Holiday Feast -- While turkey and ham make up the majority of traditional holiday meals, turkey and ham bones can become lodged in the intestines if swallowed in large pieces. Your pet could become seriously ill or even choke to death.

•Flowers -- The poinsettias many choose to use as holiday centerpieces also are toxic to most household pets if they are chewed and swallowed in large enough quantities. The level of toxicity is completely proportionate to the size and weight of your pet, but instead of doing the math on that equation, it’s better to choose other types of floral arrangements that don’t endanger your pets.

For more information, visit www.helpinghandsvetva.com.
 

Your Opinions and Comments


Be the first to comment on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Agriculture Today Archives


Coupons ag-right
Voncille Bielefeld homeAllstate & McBride RealtyDrama KidsHeavenly Touch homeauto chooserTriple R DC Experts

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.