Thursday, September 3, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found

*Includes FREE photo online! mywcn.com/lostandfound

VideoLost: Shih Tzu, male, golden brown, from C.R. 320 in Floresville. If you have any information call 210-452-1829 or 832-292-3305.

VideoStill missing: Long hair Chihuahua, near 3rd and Hwy. 97, Floresville, she is very missed. If you see her please call Jeri, 409-781-3191.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Poppy's Barbecue in Stockdale is currently accepting applications for a cook. Apply in person at 301 S.H. 123 N., Stockdale, across from Lowe's Groceries. Call 830-996-1052.
LANDSCAPERS NEEDED - Local landscape maintenance company seeking full-time laborers looking to grow with the company. Mowing, weed-eating, edging, trimming, etc. Must have experience and transportation to/from work. Serious inquiries call/email now, 210-215-6476 or maintenance@t-scapes.com.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
You’ve been granted free access to this subscribers only article.

Agriculture Today


How to keep pets safe from danger during holidays




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story
December 21, 2011 | 2,514 views | Post a comment

Lori Pasternak, a veterinarian with Helping Hands Affordable Veterinary Surgery and Dental Care, reveals hidden dangers to avoid potentially disastrous pet problems. The holidays are supposed to be a time of joy for our families, but in preparing for the season, many pet owners run the risk of exposing their pets to household dangers that could present potential life-threatening hazards.

Here’s a list of prospective risks:

•Decorations -- While holiday decorations can make a home feel more festive, they can be tantalizing traps for pets. Owners should keep decorations and ornaments higher up on trees so they are not consumed by pets. Exposed cords from electric lights can cause electrocution or oral burns if chewed.

•Gift wrap -- When it’s time to pull all the gifts out of hiding to be wrapped, take care that your pet isn’t in the same room as you spread out all the wrapping paper, bows, and ribbons. If a cat should starting gnawing on the ribbon, it will literally “stitch” the cat’s intestines together as it is being passed through the gut.

•Holiday Feast -- While turkey and ham make up the majority of traditional holiday meals, turkey and ham bones can become lodged in the intestines if swallowed in large pieces. Your pet could become seriously ill or even choke to death.

•Flowers -- The poinsettias many choose to use as holiday centerpieces also are toxic to most household pets if they are chewed and swallowed in large enough quantities. The level of toxicity is completely proportionate to the size and weight of your pet, but instead of doing the math on that equation, it’s better to choose other types of floral arrangements that don’t endanger your pets.

For more information, visit www.helpinghandsvetva.com.
 

Your Opinions and Comments


Be the first to comment on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Agriculture Today Archives


Coupons ag-right
Voncille Bielefeld homeauto chooserAllstate & McBride RealtyTriple R DC ExpertsDrama KidsHeavenly Touch home

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.