Tuesday, July 28, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found

Lost: Black cow off Hwy. 119 and Denhawken area, has a horseshoe brand with N on left hip and two ear tags. Call 830-391-5589 or 830-391-4802.
Found: Horse by F.M. 2579 and C.R. 126, Floresville. Call 818-416-3372 to describe.
Lost/dognapped: Black Lab/Pyrenees male puppy, about 30 pounds, vaccination tag on collar, last seen on Wood Valley Dr., Wood Valley Acres, Adkins, Sat., July 18 around noon. 210-827-9533.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

DRIVER needed, 51 year old business needed a delivery driver, guaranteed 40 hours per week, day trips only, overtime rate is time and a half, paid health insurance. Contact Jason at Pogue Agri Partners, Inc., Kenedy, Texas. Call 830-583-3456 or email Jason@pogueagri.com.
Kitchen staff and cook needed. Apply within at Brietzke General Store & Cafe, 9015 F.M. 775, New Berlin.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
Richardson Chevrolet homeRE/MAX homeTNMC

Consumer Updates


Bath Petals Recalls Soy Candles Due to Fire and Laceration Hazards




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Disclaimer:
The author of this entry is responsible for this content, which is not edited by the Wilson County News or wilsoncountynews.com.
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
July 5, 2012 | 1,921 views | Post a comment

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Soy Candles

Units: About 1,600 in the United States and 1,200 in Canada

Manufacturer: Bath Petals Inc., of Gardena, Calif.

Hazard: The candle can burn with a high flame, causing excessive heat. This poses a fire hazard. The heat and flame can cause the glass candle holder to shatter. This poses a laceration hazard.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received one report of a candle burning with a high flame and shattering the glass holder. No injuries or property damage were reported.

Description: The candles are 7.5 oz. soy candles sold in four colors and scents: Australian Eucalyptus, California Rose Garden, French Alpine and Thai Lemongrass Ginger. "Bath petals" and the scent name are printed on the glass candle holder. The following UPC codes are on the bottom of the box: 6-10696-55269-3, 7-97734-03754-8, 7-97734-03755-5 and 7-97734-03758-6

Sold at: TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the U.S. from February 2012 through April 2012 and at Homesense, Winners and Marshalls in Canada in April 2012 for about $10.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should stop using these candles immediately and contact Bath Petals for a full refund.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Bath Petals toll-free at (855) 772-7258 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit the firm's website at www.bathpetals.com

Note: Health Canada's press release is available at http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=1636

To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including a picture of the recalled product, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12216.html
 
‹ Previous Blog Entry
 

Your Opinions and Comments


Be the first to comment on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Consumer Updates Archives


DDS Dentures & Dental Services Right-side banner
Sherwood Surveying
John D. Foster home
Edward Jones-Prescott Katie Prescott
WCN web hosting
Agave Dental
Diva Nails & Spa
Hoelschers home
Pursch Motors
Hammerfest
Abrego Lake
Pat Brown Realtors, Inc. home
Caraway Ford
WCN Citizens Forum 5/28/15
Allstate & McBride RealtyDrama Kidsauto chooserHeavenly Touch homeTriple R DC ExpertsVoncille Bielefeld home

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.