Thursday, October 23, 2014
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

Lost & Found

Lost: Black female Chihuahua named Gloomy and black male Chihuahua named Rico, from CR 126, Floresville, missed dearly by their family! Call 210-428-3803. 
Found tan hunting dog. Elderly male not neutered or chipped. Please call 8303915099.
If you are missing a pet in Floresville, be sure to check the Floresville holding facility. Animals are only kept for 3 days. Contact Las Lomas K-9 Rescue, 830-581-8041.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

The China Grove Police Department is accepting applications for Reserve Officers. Call 210-648-4923 for an application. 
We are looking for part time energetic team members for growing gas station outside of LaVernia. Duties to include cashier, food prep, stocking (must be able to lift 45 lbs). Must be able to work days, nights and weekends as schedule will vary. Please contact Cynthia at 87ih@aiemail.net or apply in person at 87 Ice House, 6517 US Highway 87, Sutherland Springs,
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
TNMCRichardson Chevrolet homeRE/MAX home

Consumer Updates


Bath Petals Recalls Soy Candles Due to Fire and Laceration Hazards




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Disclaimer:
The author of this entry is responsible for this content, which is not edited by the Wilson County News or wilsoncountynews.com.
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
July 5, 2012 | 1709 views | Post a comment

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Soy Candles

Units: About 1,600 in the United States and 1,200 in Canada

Manufacturer: Bath Petals Inc., of Gardena, Calif.

Hazard: The candle can burn with a high flame, causing excessive heat. This poses a fire hazard. The heat and flame can cause the glass candle holder to shatter. This poses a laceration hazard.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received one report of a candle burning with a high flame and shattering the glass holder. No injuries or property damage were reported.

Description: The candles are 7.5 oz. soy candles sold in four colors and scents: Australian Eucalyptus, California Rose Garden, French Alpine and Thai Lemongrass Ginger. "Bath petals" and the scent name are printed on the glass candle holder. The following UPC codes are on the bottom of the box: 6-10696-55269-3, 7-97734-03754-8, 7-97734-03755-5 and 7-97734-03758-6

Sold at: TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the U.S. from February 2012 through April 2012 and at Homesense, Winners and Marshalls in Canada in April 2012 for about $10.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should stop using these candles immediately and contact Bath Petals for a full refund.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Bath Petals toll-free at (855) 772-7258 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit the firm's website at www.bathpetals.com

Note: Health Canada's press release is available at http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=1636

To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including a picture of the recalled product, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12216.html
 
« Previous Blog Entry (July 3, 2012)
 


Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post comments:



Other Consumer Updates
Southern Electric & Lighting right
Carrie Moy
WCN border security forum 10/3/14
Pat Brown Realtors, Inc. home
Michelle Tackitt election
Floresville EDC
John D. Foster home
Sara Canady Political ad
Paul Pfeil political ad
Hoelschers home
Caraway Ford
Sherwood Surveying
DDS Dentures & Dental Services Right-side banner
Pursch Motors
Liberty Gun Show
Abrego Lake
Voncille Bielefeld homeBlue Moon Karaoke & DJSacred Heart SchoolTriple R DC ExpertsHeavenly Touch homeChester WilsonDrama KidsAllstate & McBride RealtyWilson's Auto Chooser

  Copyright © 2007-2014 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.