Friday, December 19, 2014
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found

Lost: Pit Bull, red/white female, off 319 and Hidden Deer in La Vernia, no collar, sores on front legs from allergies. 210-310-4458.
Found: Small brown male dog, Hwy. 181 N., Floresville. Call 830-393-6272.

VideoMissing: Kitten from Eagle Creek Subdivision, 9-month-old female, answers to "Sassy," 4-year-old daughter is heartbroken and we greatly miss her. 985-414-8385.
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

CDL Driver needed for local delivery in Kenedy location, must have Class B CDL with hazmat endorsement, hours are Mon.-Fri., 8-5:30 and occasional Saturdays until noon. Company offers sick pay, vacation, and benefits package. Apply in person at 3-D Welding Supply at either Kenedy or Floresville location.
LifeSpan Home Health now hiring caregivers in Floresville and La Vernia! Call 210-798-1023 or apply: www.lifespantx.com
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
TNMCRE/MAX homeRichardson Chevrolet home

Consumer Updates


Bath Petals Recalls Soy Candles Due to Fire and Laceration Hazards




E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Disclaimer:
The author of this entry is responsible for this content, which is not edited by the Wilson County News or wilsoncountynews.com.
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
July 5, 2012 | 1,763 views | Post a comment

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Soy Candles

Units: About 1,600 in the United States and 1,200 in Canada

Manufacturer: Bath Petals Inc., of Gardena, Calif.

Hazard: The candle can burn with a high flame, causing excessive heat. This poses a fire hazard. The heat and flame can cause the glass candle holder to shatter. This poses a laceration hazard.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received one report of a candle burning with a high flame and shattering the glass holder. No injuries or property damage were reported.

Description: The candles are 7.5 oz. soy candles sold in four colors and scents: Australian Eucalyptus, California Rose Garden, French Alpine and Thai Lemongrass Ginger. "Bath petals" and the scent name are printed on the glass candle holder. The following UPC codes are on the bottom of the box: 6-10696-55269-3, 7-97734-03754-8, 7-97734-03755-5 and 7-97734-03758-6

Sold at: TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the U.S. from February 2012 through April 2012 and at Homesense, Winners and Marshalls in Canada in April 2012 for about $10.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should stop using these candles immediately and contact Bath Petals for a full refund.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Bath Petals toll-free at (855) 772-7258 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit the firm's website at www.bathpetals.com

Note: Health Canada's press release is available at http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=1636

To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including a picture of the recalled product, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12216.html
 
« Previous Blog Entry (July 3, 2012)
 


Your Opinions and Comments

Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post comments:



Other Consumer Updates

WCN border security forum video 2014
Pat Brown Realtors, Inc. home
DDS Dentures & Dental Services Right-side banner
John D. Foster home
Drama Kids International
Floresville EDC
Pursch Motors
Caraway Ford
Sherwood Surveying
Sacred Heart School
Wilson's Auto Chooser
Abrego Lake
Hoelschers home
Heavenly Touch homeTriple R DC ExpertsChester WilsonBlue Moon Karaoke & DJAllstate & McBride RealtyVoncille Bielefeld homeEast Central Driving School

  Copyright © 2007-2014 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.