Tuesday, July 28, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found


VideoLost: Heifer, near 1303 and Country View Land, went missing on June 24, reward! 210-838-0667.
Found: Charm with picture of couple, at Pecan Park, July 17. Call to identify and pick up, 830-393-6785.
Found dachshund in Abrego Lake Estates on July 23rd. Call and describe Tracy 830 477 7779
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Service Technician Assistant. Job description: Assist technician in propane tank installation, gas piping, shop work and repairs. Paid training, paid uniform, family insurance (medical and dental), paid holidays and vacation. Will need to pass a physical, background check, and drug/alcohol test. Must be willing to obtain a CDL license in the future for backup driver position. Call Kathleen, 830-393-2533, Smith Gas Company.
Seeking individual to work in a local child-care center, paid holidays, etc., must be high school grad or GED. Apply in person at Cubs Country Childcare, 212 FM 1346 in La Vernia.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
WCN essential oilsWCN your news your way subscribeWCN Citizens Forum 5/28/15

Breaking News


Structure fire in La Vernia


Structure fire in La Vernia
MARVIN BARNES/Contributor Firefighters from six area departments work to extinguish a blaze July 18 at 102 Boeck Lane in La Vernia.


E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Wilson County News
July 18, 2012, 8:46am
2,468 views
Post a comment

LA VERNIA - A home here has been deemed a total loss, following an early morning fire.

Nine agencies, including six volunteer fire departments, the La Vernia Police Department and the La Vernia Emergency Medical Services, responded to a structure fire at 102 Boeck Lane. Neighbors reported a loud explosion and sounds "like ammunition going off" around 7 a.m. When they saw the flames, neighbors turned hoses on the house, also hosing down their own homes.

Responding firefighters arrived to find the home, owned by Raymond and Brenda Schocke, fully engulfed. No one was home at the time.

Edwin Baker, coordinator of the Wilson County Health and Public Safety Office and the the county's fire marshal -- who was the scene's incident commander -- confirmed the La Vernia Police Department had requested an investigation by the state fire marshal's office. The Schocke family, who immediately attended the scene, assured community members that they have places to stay and are not in immediate need of anything.

For more on this, read the July 25 print edition of the Wilson County News.
 

Your Opinions and Comments


Be the first to comment on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives


Southern Electric
Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Malcolm's Custom Welding
Triple R DC ExpertsHeavenly Touch homeVoncille Bielefeld homeDrama Kidsauto chooserAllstate & McBride Realty

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.