You’ve been granted free access to this subscribers only article.
Start a healthier future today...
People who succeed in losing weight and keeping it off have several things in common in three important areas:
➤ Nutrition - They eat a low-fat, low-sugar diet with lots of vegetables and fruit, and they do not count calories.
- They are physically active and commit to making exercise the first thing they do every day.
- They self-monitor with weigh-ins. Understanding what is going on inside you backed with innovative and ground -breaking educational course gives you the advantage you need to succeed.
Your health is too important to ignore. Take steps today to help ensure you’ll have a healthier and happier future. You can learn more about the programs at NIHF at www.NIHF.com.
How to stay active all winter...
Just because the season has changed, it doesn't mean that you have to give up on your workout routine. You can stay fit no matter the temperature.
➤ Don’t skip the warm up - In colder weather, you muscles are tighter, making them more prone to pulls and strains.
➤ Stay hydrated
- You still sweat even in cold weather and lose fluids and electrolytes.
➤ Protect your extremities
- Wear gloves, warm socks, and a hat or headband.
➤ Dress in layers
- Dress in layers that can be removed when you start to sweat.
➤ Post-workout refueling plan
- What you put in your body after a workout is just as important, if not more, than what you put in it before.
➤ Mix up your fitness
- In the winter, try something new like indoor rock climbing, a dance class, fitness boxing, or an at-home fitness DVD.
Tips for a healthier heart...
➤ Stop smoking
➤ Stay within a healthy weight range
➤ Limit alcohol and caffeine
➤ Take care of your teeth
➤ Keep tabs on your blood pressure
➤ Reduce stress
➤ Exercise regularly
➤ Eat right
➤ Make sleep a prority
➤ Know your family history
Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
South Texas Living Archives
Classical records (February 3, 2016)
Comal Country Music Show Feb. 16 (February 3, 2016)
DRT plans scholarship brunch Feb. 27 (February 3, 2016)
Eastern Star group plans Fish Fry (February 3, 2016)
El Mesias Church plans ‘Ashes on the Go’ (February 3, 2016)
Enjoy Lenten Fish Fry in Poth (February 3, 2016)
Game-day menus that score big (February 3, 2016)
Home, Garden Day to spotlight landscape seminar (February 3, 2016)
Learn about the benefits of native grasses (February 3, 2016)
Little log cabin finds new owners (February 3, 2016)
Marquez to kick off SA rodeo season (February 3, 2016)
Masquerade Ball set for Feb. 6 (February 3, 2016)
Opry is Feb. 4 (February 3, 2016)
Save the date for premier of ‘Hope In High Cotton’ (February 3, 2016)
Spring Play and Learn session at library (February 3, 2016)
The center of social life in the old days (February 3, 2016)
Try your luck at Boots ‘N Bling Gala (February 3, 2016)
Valentine Bake Sale is Feb. 12 (February 3, 2016)
Western Heritage Parade, Cattle Drive (February 3, 2016)