Thursday, July 30, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search


Lost & Found

Lost: White Maltese dog, 12 pounds, answers to Brookley, on Sun., July 19, 10 miles north of Floresville on Hwy. 181, $100 reward! Tom and Jean Harris, 830-393-0814. 
LOOKING TO FIND:Jacob Sanchez My beloved son. He can get in touch:Alberto Carvajal 786 350 8436 carvajalalberto@yahoo.com www.facebook.com/alberto.carvajal.585 ALBERTO CARVAJAL MIAMI, FL
Lost Bull registered Black Angus last seen Eagle Creek, Oakfields area, south of 775 July 20th. 214 freeze branded left hip & tattooed in ears. Green eartag.Larry Smith 210 557-9201
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

La Vernia United Methodist Childcare has openings for employment, childcare experience preferred but not required, CPR training is a plus. Call LVUMC Child Care at 830-779-5117 for more information.
Seeking individual to work in a local child-care center, paid holidays, etc., must be high school grad or GED. Apply in person at Cubs Country Childcare, 212 FM 1346 in La Vernia.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
WCN Citizens Forum 5/28/15WCN printingWCN your news your way subscribe

Breaking News


Blaze destroys fireworks warehouse


Blaze destroys fireworks warehouse
A blaze sets off fireworks in a warehouse north of Floresville Jan. 26, after a grass fire spread from a private property to the neighboring business. Several volunteer fire departments responded to the scene this afternoon.


E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Wilson County News
January 26, 2013, 4:19pm
5,326 views
11 comments

FLORESVILLE -- Hundreds of fireworks detonated today as firefighters from several local departments battled a blaze at a fireworks warehouse north of Floresville. Sheriff Joe D. Tackitt Jr. said officials believe a resident in the area was either barbecuing or burning on his property when the fire escaped containment and ignited a grassfire.

From there, the fire spread across U.S. 181 Business and ignited fireworks in the warehouse. The resident's entry gate was locked; he could not be reached for comment. Officials are continuing their investigation.
 

Your Opinions and Comments

 
Kevin  
Floresville  
January 30, 2013 11:48am
 
I think I must have missed something but from reports I understand that this fire caused 5 million dollars in damage. Is that the total loss including all the properties? I find it hard to believe it is just the fireworks warehouse. ... More ›

 
Nannette Kilbey-Smith, Editor  
Floresville  
January 28, 2013 5:25pm
 
Read more about this blaze in the Jan. 30 print edition of the Wilson County News.

 
Turbo  
Wilson County  
January 28, 2013 3:22pm
 
What do you do if your a volunteer fire fighter and you get a call that the firecracker warehouse is on fire?......You say you have the flu, your car wont start, and your grandma is on her deathbed.

 
Texas Sunshine  
somewhere TX  
January 28, 2013 10:33am
 
Well here in the town of Floresville 2 blocks from the court house I have seen two different people burning trash etc. Should not be happening in the city limits at all. WCN please remind people of this !! And it should go for ... More ›

 
Xavier bernal  
San Antonio, Tx  
January 28, 2013 5:09am
 
Sad but true Sam. You see it happening already beating stock was worth 4 million and barn 1 million. Seems a little high for a bunch of quetes.

 
Sam Eagle  
Muppet Land  
January 27, 2013 9:41pm
 
This is probably how it's gonna go down: -Fireworks place's insurance will pay its maximum on the claim. It might cover the building, but not the stock, so the fireworks place will sue those responsible for the fire for ... More ›

 
Joyce Ann Ruks  
San Antonio, TX  
January 27, 2013 12:15pm
 
My Aunts house burned down to the ground 20 plus years ago there in Floresvile because of a careless person burning trash.Thank God no one was injured or loss of life in this fire could of been alot worst !!! Thank you to all ... More ›

 
concerned granny  
Floresville  
January 27, 2013 7:33am
 
What a bone headed move on the part of the home owner to have made such a large fire that it got out of control, in these dry conditions. Can he be fined? I applaud the fine volunteers as well as the lawmen that helped control ... More ›

 
Disgusted Taxpayer  
La Vernia  
January 27, 2013 7:01am
 
Can you imagine if your neighbor decided to burn leaves next to a field that was dry as a bone and it got out of control. It won't take long to wipe out a sub-division, or a town. Remember Bastrop. It is not going to ... More ›

 
Senior Citizen  
Wilson County  
January 26, 2013 9:55pm
 
Be careful, folks. This dry weather can be very dangerous. Thankfully, no one was hurt in this one, and thanks to all the volunteers and deputies who responded to the emergency scene.

Share your comment or opinion on this story!


You must be logged in to post a comment.




Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives


Malcolm's Custom Welding
Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Southern Electric
Allstate & McBride Realtyauto chooserDrama KidsHeavenly Touch homeTriple R DC ExpertsVoncille Bielefeld home

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.