Sunday, October 26, 2014
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

Lost & Found

Lost: Small black female dog, no collar, her name is Shortcake, has long hair, Sutherland Springs area. Call 830-391-5099.

Video Lost: Cat, black and white, last seen the evening of Sept. 29 in the Woodcreek Subdivision area, La Vernia. Reward for his safe return. Call Richard, 830-779-2080 or 210-776-4930.
Lost: Black female Chihuahua named Gloomy and black male Chihuahua named Rico, from CR 126, Floresville, missed dearly by their family! Call 210-428-3803. 
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

NOW HIRING! Custodians/Lead positions, $9-$14 D.O.E., must have a clear background and reliable transportation, Live Oak County. Call 210-520-4848 ext. 111.
Kenedy area construction company seeking CDL driver, equipment operator, and mechanic's helper, will train. Call 830-299-9885.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos





Video Vault ›
WCN border security forum 10/30/14WCN your news your way subscribeWCN printing

Breaking News


Firefighters battle morning blaze


Firefighters battle morning blaze
N. KILBEY-SMITH Members of the Floresville Volunteer Fire Department arrive on the scene of a structure fire Feb. 22 on Fifth Street in Floresville.


E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Wilson County News
February 22, 2013, 9:37am
2922 views
Post a comment

FLORESVILLE -- The Floresville Volunteer Fire Department made short work of containing a structure fire at approximately 8 a.m. today on Fifth Street here.

As families delivered their children to the Head Start center for the day’s lessons, firefighters attended the scene to find a shed alight behind a home across from the center.

Soon after their arrival, the fire was all but extinguished and firefighters were focusing on hot spots, according to Fire Chief Lorenzo Ortiz at the scene. No one was injured, he said.

Also attending was a crew from the Floresville Electric Light & Power System (FELPS).

Cyndi Nichols from the Floresville Permits and Code Compliance office also was called to the scene. Following an inspection, the FELPS crew removed an electric meter from one of the homes on the property.

“There are numerous code compliance hazards,” Nichols said. She indicated an extension cord had been strung from one structure to another to provide power to the shed, in which someone had been living, she said. The residents were requested to address some of the hazards, including a stack of mattresses. Nichols stated a licensed electrician would be needed to address the electrical issues she noted in her inspection.

The cause of the fire, though unconfirmed, was thought to be electrical.
 


Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post comments:



Other Breaking News
omaha-steaks-banner-ads

Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Heavenly Touch homeTriple R DC ExpertsAllstate & McBride RealtyDrama KidsSacred Heart SchoolBlue Moon Karaoke & DJWilson's Auto ChooserChester WilsonVoncille Bielefeld home

  Copyright © 2007-2014 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.