Monday, November 30, 2015
1012 C Street  •  Floresville, TX 78114  •  Phone: 830-216-4519  •  Fax: 830-393-3219  • 

WCN Site Search

Lost & Found

VideoLost: Chocolate Lab, female, named Linda, from Abrego Lake Subdivision. Text/call if spotted or found, 916-508-6024.

VideoLOST BLACK BULL WITH WHITE &BLACK Face. Off FM2579 & CR126 NOV.28 comes to Whooo Call 818-416-3372 Ask for Edward
*Includes FREE photo online!
More Lost & Found ads ›

Help Wanted

Globe Energy Services is accepting applications for Vacuum truck driver operator and Winch truck driver operator for Karnes City terminal, competitive pay and great benefits. For more information call 830-400-2717. All interviews must be scheduled and must be preformed in person.
Seeking individual to work in a local child-care center, paid holidays, etc., must be high school grad or GED. Apply in person at Cubs Country Childcare, 212 FM 1346 in La Vernia.
More Help Wanted ads ›

Featured Videos

Video Vault ›
WCN printingWCN your news your way subscribeWCN essential oils

Breaking News

Firefighters battle morning blaze

Firefighters battle morning blaze
N. KILBEY-SMITH Members of the Floresville Volunteer Fire Department arrive on the scene of a structure fire Feb. 22 on Fifth Street in Floresville.

E-Mail this Story to a Friend
Print this Story

Wilson County News
February 22, 2013, 9:37am
Post a comment

FLORESVILLE -- The Floresville Volunteer Fire Department made short work of containing a structure fire at approximately 8 a.m. today on Fifth Street here.

As families delivered their children to the Head Start center for the day’s lessons, firefighters attended the scene to find a shed alight behind a home across from the center.

Soon after their arrival, the fire was all but extinguished and firefighters were focusing on hot spots, according to Fire Chief Lorenzo Ortiz at the scene. No one was injured, he said.

Also attending was a crew from the Floresville Electric Light & Power System (FELPS).

Cyndi Nichols from the Floresville Permits and Code Compliance office also was called to the scene. Following an inspection, the FELPS crew removed an electric meter from one of the homes on the property.

“There are numerous code compliance hazards,” Nichols said. She indicated an extension cord had been strung from one structure to another to provide power to the shed, in which someone had been living, she said. The residents were requested to address some of the hazards, including a stack of mattresses. Nichols stated a licensed electrician would be needed to address the electrical issues she noted in her inspection.

The cause of the fire, though unconfirmed, was thought to be electrical.

Your Opinions and Comments

Be the first to comment on this story!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Not a subscriber?
Subscriber, but no password?
Forgot password?

Breaking News Archives

Connally Memorial MC breaking news banner
Southern Electric
Edward Jones-Prescott Katie Prescott
Malcolm's Custom Welding
auto chooserClarity WellDrama KidsVoncille Bielefeld homeTriple R DC ExpertsHeavenly Touch homeAllstate & McBride Realty

  Copyright © 2007-2015 Wilson County News. All rights reserved. Web development by Drewa Designs.