ERCOT Issues Electric Advisory
Gonzales, Texas-- January 6, 2014 -- Around 7:15 a.m. this morning, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) issued an Advisory due to freezing temperatures across the State and the demand on the electric system. GVEC and other electric utility companies throughout the state ask their customers to conserve electricity as much as possible during these extreme temperatures.
Please be aware that if conditions were to worsen, ERCOT may need to require electric utilities to reduce load by creating momentary service interruptions in which circuits are taken out of power and brought back up on a rotating basis.
As a reminder, here are some immediate tips for conserving energy:
• Limit electricity usage to only that consumption that is absolutely necessary. Turn off all unnecessary lights, appliances and electronic equipment.
• Do not use your dishwasher, laundry equipment, hair dryers, coffee makers, pool pump or other home appliances unless absolutely necessary, especially between the hours of 6 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 8 p.m.
• Businesses should minimize the use of electric lighting and electricity-consuming equipment as much as possible.
• Larger consumers of electricity should consider shutting down or reducing nonessential production processes.
• Other conservation tips are available from the Public Utility Commission’s Power to Save Texas website.
Consumers can keep updated on the situation by following GVEC on Facebook or GVEC_Tweets on Twitter.
GVEC is an electric cooperative that serves over 73,000 consumers across 13 Texas counties. The service area spans 3,500 square miles across South Central Texas. The headquarters is located in Gonzales, Texas with four area offices in the cities of Schertz, Seguin, La Vernia and Cuero.
Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post comments:
Other Breaking News
|Dump truck, van collide on S.H. 123 (November 25, 2014)
Elmendorf selects new police chief (November 25, 2014)
Alcohol possible factor in crash that killed... (November 24, 2014)
DPS Urges Texans to Practice Safe Driving... (November 24, 2014)
Rainfall report: Nov. 18-24 (November 24, 2014)
Poth wins state volleyball championship (November 22, 2014)
Cornyn Responds to President Obama Ending... (November 21, 2014)
Anti-Defamation League welcomes Obama's immigration... (November 20, 2014)
Texas AG Pledges Court Challenge to Obama's... (November 20, 2014)
Sen. Cornyn: President’s Power Grab Poisons... (November 19, 2014)
Reminder: Reward Increased to $10,000 for... (November 18, 2014)
Grove to let Floresville voters answer eligibility... (November 13, 2014)
Judge Carlos Cascos To Be Secretary Of State Nominee (November 11, 2014)
Unofficial rainfall report for Nov. 3-8 (November 10, 2014)
General Election, Nov. 4, 2014 - unofficial totals (November 4, 2014)
Reward Increased to $10,000 for Most Wanted Fugitive (November 3, 2014)
Wilson County, surrounding area under flash-flood... (November 3, 2014)