ERCOT Issues Electric Advisory
January 6, 2014, 9:00am
1497 views | Post a comment
Gonzales, Texas-- January 6, 2014 -- Around 7:15 a.m. this morning, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) issued an Advisory due to freezing temperatures across the State and the demand on the electric system. GVEC and other electric utility companies throughout the state ask their customers to conserve electricity as much as possible during these extreme temperatures.
Please be aware that if conditions were to worsen, ERCOT may need to require electric utilities to reduce load by creating momentary service interruptions in which circuits are taken out of power and brought back up on a rotating basis.
As a reminder, here are some immediate tips for conserving energy:
• Limit electricity usage to only that consumption that is absolutely necessary. Turn off all unnecessary lights, appliances and electronic equipment.
• Do not use your dishwasher, laundry equipment, hair dryers, coffee makers, pool pump or other home appliances unless absolutely necessary, especially between the hours of 6 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 8 p.m.
• Businesses should minimize the use of electric lighting and electricity-consuming equipment as much as possible.
• Larger consumers of electricity should consider shutting down or reducing nonessential production processes.
• Other conservation tips are available from the Public Utility Commission’s Power to Save Texas website.
Consumers can keep updated on the situation by following GVEC on Facebook or GVEC_Tweets on Twitter.
GVEC is an electric cooperative that serves over 73,000 consumers across 13 Texas counties. The service area spans 3,500 square miles across South Central Texas. The headquarters is located in Gonzales, Texas with four area offices in the cities of Schertz, Seguin, La Vernia and Cuero.
|Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post comments:
|Other Breaking News
|Update: Adrianna Ximenez has been found (July 19, 2014)
CPS works to restore power (July 18, 2014)
WWII Navy veteran Pedro Devora to receive... (July 18, 2014)
Cruz: Border surge is a direct result of President... (July 17, 2014)
Texas Nationalists holding statewide border... (July 17, 2014)
Truck wraps around Lone Oak utility pole (July 16, 2014)
Reminder: Reward Now $17,500 for Most Wanted... (July 15, 2014)
Cornyn, Cuellar Offer HUMANE Act to Solve... (July 14, 2014)
Germany wins!!!! (July 13, 2014)
Officials charge duo with Rendon slaying (July 11, 2014)
Statement by Gov. Perry in Support of Israel (July 11, 2014)
Woman suffers injuries in midday crash (July 10, 2014)
UPDATE: Head-on crash kills one near Graytown (July 9, 2014)
Bexar deputies probe homicide (July 1, 2014)
Have you seen Allison Gordon? (July 1, 2014)
Reward Increased to $17,500 for Most Wanted Fugitive (July 1, 2014)