Where they stand: Camping World Truck Series points after Kansas
Amanda Vincent is responsible for this content, which is not edited by the Wilson County News or wilsoncountynews.com.
May 13, 2014 | 895 views | Post a comment
After more than a month off, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series hit the track on May 9 for night racing at Kansas Speedway. Sprint Cup Series regular Kyle Busch won the race, but with a second-place finish, Matt Crafton jumped into the points lead.
Prior to Kansas, Crafton was third in points behind ThorSport Racing teammate Johnny Sauter and Timothy Peters, who were tied atop the standings. Peters is still in a tie, points-wise, this time for second, and this time, with Ron Hornaday, eight points behind Crafton. Sauter dropped to fifth, 15 points back. Also ahead of Sauter is German Quiroga, who is in fourth, 11 points behind Crafton.
Here's a look at the top-10 of the Camping World Truck Series driver points standings after three races:
1. Matt Crafton, leader
2. Timothy Peter, -8
2. Ron Hornaday, -8
4. German Quiroga, -11
5. Johnny Sauter, -15
6. Ryan Blaney, -19
7. Jeb Burton, -22
8. Ben Kennedy, -24
9. Darrell Wallace Jr., -30
10. John Wes Townley, -33
The No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota Kyle Busch drove to victory lane Friday night in Kansas leads the way in the Truck Series owner points standings, with a one-point lead over the No. 88 ThorSport Racing Toyota driven by Crafton. The No. 32 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet is third in the owner standings, six points back.
Here's a look at the top-10 in the owner's points standings:
1. No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota, leader
2. No. 88 ThorSport Racing Toyota, -1
3. No. 32 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet, -6
4. No. 17 Red Horse Racing Toyota, -9
4. No. 30 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet, -9
6. No. 77 Red Horse Racing Toyota, -12
7. No. 98 ThorSport Racing Toyota, -16
8. No. 8, SWM-NEMCO Racing Toyota, -17
9. No. 19 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford, -19
10. No. 29 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford, -20