Where they stand: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series points after Gateway
Amanda Vincent is responsible for this content, which is not edited by the Wilson County News or wilsoncountynews.com.
Matt Crafton and Timothy Peters had both led the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver points standings prior to Saturday night's race at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill., near St. Louis. Both drivers had their issues in the race, allowing Johnny Sauter to take advantage and move into the championship points lead. After seven races, Sauter leads his ThorSport Racing teammate and reigning series champion Crafton by 10 points. Peters dropped to fourth in the standings, while Ron Hornaday moved up to third.
Here's a look at the Camping World Truck Series driver points standings:
1. Johnny Sauter, leader
2. Matt Crafton, -10
3. Ron Hornaday, -13
4. Timothy Peters, -15
5. Ryan Blaney, -17
6. German Quiroga, -18
7. John Wes Townley, -27
8. Ben Kennedy, -32
9. Darrell Wallace Jr., -43
10. Jeb Burton, -50
The No. 51 Toyota of Kyle Busch Motorsports leads the way in the series owner points standings, with owner Kyle Busch winning all four truck races in which he's competed this year. The No. 98 ThorSport Racing Toyota of driver points leader Johnny Sauter is second in owner points, 11 behind the No. 51.
Only two drivers other than Busch have won in Truck Series competition, so far, in 2014 -- series regulars Matt Crafton, with two wins, and Darrell Wallace Jr., who won at Gateway. Crafton's No. 88 ThorSport Toyota is third in the owner standings.
Here's a look at the top-10 in owner points, following the race at Gateway:
1. No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota, leader
2. No. 98 ThorSport Racing Toyota, -11
3. No. 88 ThorSport Racing Toyota, -21
4. No. 30 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet, -24
5. No. 8 SWM-NEMCO Motorsports Toyota, -25
6. No. 17 Red Horse Racing Toyota, -26
7. No. 29 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford, -28
8. No. 77 Red Horse Racing toyota, -29
9. No. 19 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford, -38
9. No. 5 Wauters Motorsports Toyota, -38