Tuesday, February 9, 2016
1012 C Street Floresville, TX 78114 Phone: 830-216-4519 Fax: 830-393-3219
You’ve been granted free access to this subscribers only article.
By Chris Richcreek
1. Who was the last rookie shortstop before Pete Kozma in 2013 to start for the St. Louis Cardinals on Opening Day?
2. Name the last pitcher before the Los Angeles Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (2011-13) to lead the majors in ERA for three consecutive years.
3. In 2012, Washington's Robert Griffin III became the fourth NFL quarterback since 1970 to rush for 800 yards in a season. Name two of the other three.
4. How many Final Fours has the Ohio State men's basketball team reached since the Buckeyes' last championship in 1960?
5. Mike Babcock set a record in 2014 for most career coaching victories for the Detroit Red Wings (415). Whose mark did he pass?
6. Who was the captain of the U.S. men's World Cup soccer team in 2002 and 2006?
7. Name the last American male before Meb Keflezighi to win the Boston Marathon.
1. Ray Busse, in 1973.
2. Atlanta's Greg Maddux (1993-95).
3. Randall Cunningham (1990), Bobby Douglass (1972) and Michael Vick (2004, 2006).
4. Six times, the last in 2012.
5. Jack Adams (1928-47), with 413.
6. Claudio Reyna.
7. Greg Meyer, in 1983.
(c) 2014 King Features Synd., Inc.
Your Opinions and Comments
Be the first to comment on this story!
You must be logged in to post a comment.