By Paulette Brehob Special to the Wilson County News
Paulette Brehob, who has owned horses for nearly 47 years, discovered that partridge pea, also known as prairie senna, can be poisonous to horses after her horse, Kozy Girl, broke out with blisters on her legs. The Arabian mare, now 29 years old, had eaten the plant, which was growing wild in the pasture. The plant also poses dangers to cattle. COURTESY/Paulette Brehob. Send photos to reader@wcn-o...
You must be an active subscriber to access this content! Please Login below or Subscribe!